"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, June 27, 2010

HOME!

I'm home! I've been back in Stratford for 2 days and I already feel rejuvenated. Home and family are an awesome healing power.

My trip back with Maggie was mostly uneventful but incredibly enjoyable. It was really nice to spend some alone time with my cousin and re-connect. It has been a long time since we've had a chance to talk and enjoy each others company so thoroughly. We shared many laughs and created many memories that will put a smile on my face for years to come. We decided to make a list of things and animals we saw along our journey. Here is that list:

1 live dear
Many (too many) dead dear
1 prairie dog
1 turkey vulture
7 trains (moving)
Lots and lots of road kill
Lots and lots of tire pieces
16 abandoned cars

We traveled through 3 provinces and 6 states. We laughed, we cried (due to laughter), we prayed for our lives (Chicago was crazy). All in all, it was an excellent adventure with one of my favorite cousins and I will cherish our time together forever. Thank you, Maggie, for being an excellent travel companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment