"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 18, 2010

"Together, we will dream, believe, strive, and succeed!"

I have officially survived my first year of teaching!

It seems like just yesterday I was writing a blog describing my first day/week of teaching and now .... it's over ... for the summer. It's amazing how much I learned in just one year. Although at times difficult, I would not change a thing from this past year. It has all made me a better teacher and a better person.

Thursday night was graduation. One of my students said to me, "Ms. Greensides, now that the year is over I can tell you ... you really are a good teacher. I learned a lot from you about English and stuff." I had to hold back my tears.

A teacher's first year is the toughest ... it can make them or break them. What I realized is that this is truly what I was meant to do. I was born to be in the classroom. I was born to be a teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for sticking it out. Even when things were rough you never wavered from your commitment to those kids. I'm sure you've left an impression on more than just that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy! It feels really good to be done but also a bit sad ... I'm actually really looking forward to giving it another go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's the one student that you touched. Congratulations on finishing your first year of teaching. See you soon!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete