"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A New Addition

Today was suppose to be a day not unlike any other.  A group of us rose early to head to Meadow Lake to do some necessary shopping and bonding.  We did just that.  What happened after the shopping and during the bonding; however, was unexpected and perhaps a little spontaneous.  My neighbours (and friends) had to stop at the humane society to pick up their newly adopted puppy before we headed back to La Loche.  The moment I walked in and realized that I was surrounded (literally) by kittens I knew I was in trouble.  My focus should have been on how cute Brutus, the new puppy, is (and he really is) but I was continually drawn to the gorgeous and playful kittens.  Before I knew it I was filling out the necessary forms and preparing to take my new kitten home with me.  I could hear my mother's warnings in my ear ... "Sarah, remember your allergies," and "Sarah, will a kitten make your asthma worse?"  .... but I decided that the kitten needed me and that was more important.  In truth, I needed the kitten.  So, together ... the gang and I with new puppy and kitten in tow ... headed home to La Loche.  As I'm writing this my kitten is snuggling beside me and purring ... I know I made the right decision.  Her name:  Chloe.  BTW .... allergies are fine and no puffer has been used during the writing of this blog. 

Pictures will be posted shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah - I can SO understand the lure of a kitty cat - I would have done, well, come to think of it, I DID do something very similar and I too could hear voices (dad) telling me to stop and walk away from the cute kitty... but alas, I did not listen! And I'm glad you didn't either... Chloe (gorgeous name!) will give you endless hours of entertainment and love. SO, how IS it?? The students love you, don't they! Let me know how it's going. My first day is less than 48 hrs away - yikes! I know you've started off magnificently - I have faith! Talk soon!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you have something to purr and meow when you come home at night (since I won't be there!) Are you settling in OK? Is that # you texted me on a new #? Should I save it? Anyway, lets cam soon (in a non-sexual way)!

    ReplyDelete