"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Registration Day

Tomorrow is registration day. This will be my first 'real' contact with my students. How do I feel? I feel anxious, nervous, stressed, scared, and of course ... excited! Beneath my full of confidence exterior is a bundle of uncertainty. Questions like ... "What will my students think of me?", "Will they respect me?", "Will they listen to me?", or "Will I be able to control and command my classroom?" flood my conscious and unconscious mind. I know that everything will be OK or great or Awesome because all of my supporters keep telling me that ... but ... what if it isn't. Failure is not an option ... at least that's what I keep telling myself. Wish me luck ... tomorrow is registration day!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, You will be a great teacher! You have confidence. You ooze confidence! You are one of the most confident people I know. You will get the respect of your students you deserve because you will respect them.

    Good luck today, and every day! Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Failure is not trying! Do your best Sarah and you will be able to look yourself in the eye and say, "I did what I could!" As for the students liking you, I expect they will recognize a caring teacher in their midst and from my experiences relationships come easiest with sincerity. How was the day anyway? I didn't get the chance to talk to you Friday.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete