"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

12/19/2009

December 19, 2009.  This is the date that I cannot get out of my mind.  I wake up thinking about this date.  Throughout the day I count down the days, hours, and minutes to this day.  I go to bed and dream about this day.  Why?  I'm going home.

I never thought that going home would be so important.  I've been away from home many times and each time I returned it was always sweet but never has it held such importance and necessity.  I can't even begin to describe how this trip home will refresh my spirit, my sanity, and my faith.

I look forward to being with family, not necessarily doing anything but enjoying each others company.  I look forward to seeing friends who will no doubt remind me that life is not only about work and that I need to worry less and laugh more.  I look forward to singing and praying with my church family.  Although I experience the effects of the many positive thoughts and prayers daily, it doesn't compare to the hugs, laughter, and sometimes tears we experience together.  I look forward to being home.

I just can't get the date out of my mind.  It's December 19, 2009. 

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to be home! Miss you, Sherri

    ReplyDelete