"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Dreaming of a Beautiful ...... SMART Board???

Monday was a professional development day at school.  What does this mean?  It means no school for the kids and no teaching for me.  It means that teachers get together and learn together.  My morning was very educational.  The high school teachers spent the morning in the computer lab learning about various technology software at our disposal.  I took a lot of notes (written and mental) of websites to check out this weekend.  When it came time to play I decided to check out the wonder which is wiki.  What did I discover?  I learned that I am not a big fan of the wikispace.  Now, before you jump on this comment and tell me I didn't give it a chance or something along that line, hear me out.  I have had the opportunity to use other sites and software which I prefer.  For me, wiki just didn't live up to my standards.  I know it is free but I would prefer to spend a little bit of money and get exactly what I want.  That being said, this weekend will also be spent using a well trusted web service to build my own class website. Teacherweb, oh how I've missed you.  I also discovered on Monday how much I miss working with SMART Boards.  We had a brief learning session on the benefits of the SMART Board.  What was I thinking about during this session?  I was thinking about how much this wonderful technological tool would enhance my language arts lessons and engage my students (who, by the way, are not impressed with my overhead projector skills).  I have tons of SMART Board lessons, sitting idle on my USB key, just waiting to be used.  Oh SMART Board, when will you come to me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment