"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Healing Power of Rock Band!

I spoke on the phone with my mom tonight and I told her, "I'm not going out tonight, I'm staying in and marking."  Who was I kidding!!?? Minutes after I hung up the phone a very enticing offer steared me away from my original plans.  The offer:  an evening of board games, good/fun conversation and ROCK BAND!  How could I refuse such an offer?  So, I quickly scarfed down my dinner and prettied myself up to head down the street.  The evening wasn't anything spectacular, just a group of friends and colleagues relaxing together.  I learned how to play Boggle, Yahtzee, and a game I can't remember the name of but it was very addicting.  We ended the night with a few rounds of Rock Band.  It's amazing how banging the drums for a few songs, or strumming a guitar, or singing one's heart out can be such a healing power.  I returned home feeling not so weighted down and more relaxed and calm.  One thing I've realized being so far away from home .... being in the right place, with the right people can make any challenge less daunting. 

1 comment:

  1. That support you get from those sharing the experience is priceless. My colleagues pulled me through in my early days here. I really don't know if I could have done it if I hadn't made those connections at the time.

    ReplyDelete