"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Good Day .... I'll Take It!

Today was a great day!  It's amazing .... I've been teaching only eight days so far and out of those eight days seven have been filled with stress and anxieity ... but today was perfect!  And today is all that matters.  Every class, (almost) every student worked hard today and participated today and learned something today.  I learned something to.  I learned that the smallest success matters.  Today my students raised their hands (most of them) to respond to questions instead of shouting out answers.  Today my quietest students spoke up and I heard them speak.  Today I was able to hear the music play instead of the rising sound of voices during work periods.  I left the school today with a smile instead of with a look of exasperation.  Yes, today was definitely a great day!  It was a day I will treasure and look back upon to inspire me through the rest of the days to come.   

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your patience and perseverance is finally paying off! I bet most of these kids are just waiting for someone to prove to them that they are worth the hard work. You have a terrific opportunity here to be a mentor and role-model for some kids who really need it! I know you're just the person for the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your strong style is paying off! What are you doing to those kids in detention?

    Kenly

    ReplyDelete