"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Wish

I'm not entirely sure why I haven't written much lately. Well ... that's not exactly true. The honest truth is that I just don't feel inspired. I feel like I have nothing worthy or interesting to say. Even now I find myself typing and deleting over and over again. Perhaps I'm just not motivated. I don't want to write about work but besides my job I have nothing to say. It seems like the job has pretty much consumed my life lately and it has left no room for anything else. When I'm not teaching I'm lesson planning. When I'm not lesson planning I'm unit planning. And when I'm not unit planning I'm agonizing over everything else I have to worry about: discipline plans, year plans, growth plans, behaviour plans, etc., etc., etc. Can anyone tell me when it will end?

I went to a friend's tonight for some relaxation. It was lots of fun; Rockband can cure anything. Our conversation; however, frequently seemed to drift back to work ... specifically problems at work. Why have I let the problems and the negativity affect me so greatly? Sometimes I wish that I could let those problems and the negative aspects of the job just fade away. I wish I had the capacity to not let them eat away at me. I wish I had the capability to just not care. I find that I've been wishing a lot lately. I wish, I wish, I wish ....

No comments:

Post a Comment