"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Things you do NOT say/tell/ask your teacher!

This year I've created an anchor chart entitled: "Things you do not say/tell/ask your teacher!" Since the beginning of the school year I have had many students say/tell/ask inappropriate things or questions. Often I would say: "that is something your teacher does not need or want to know." or "You should really reconsider saying that in front of your teacher." or "That is an inappropriate question to ask your teacher." Truthfully, many of the statements or questions are quite funny and really do put a smile on my face. That does not; however, provide an excuse to be inappropriate. I decided to have an anchor chart in my room to display the many inappropriate things students say to me or in front of me. It has provided me many smiles and the students actually look forward to seeing if anything new has been added.

The following is what has made it to the chart thus far:
1. Have you ever kissed an Asian man?
2. I left to go smoke dope.
3. Did you get loaded?
4. Can you tell me why I'm still sitting here? (This is one of my personal favorites.)
5. We made a deal when he tried to make me chug whiskey! (BTW: the deal was to graduate high school ... although I do not condone drinking I am impressed that they are pushing each other to finish school!)
6. "F" school (said in a joking way, of course).

Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment